RE: [jats-list] JATS 1.1 request: kwd-group in more locations

Subject: RE: [jats-list] JATS 1.1 request: kwd-group in more locations
From: "Maloney, Christopher (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <maloneyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 17:15:47 -0400
> From: Wendell Piez [wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Kelly, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]
> <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>It would seem better to me to simply add and maintain a generic
> >>"metadata bundle" element than to push things partway in that
> >>direction and then want to refactor later.
> >
> > I think we're already partway in that direction. The fig and table-wrap
> > models both already allow attrib and permissions. So if we were to bundle
> > them now, it would be a non-backward compatible change.
>
> Yes, I saw that today ... boo.

You could add <sec-meta>, and then deprecate the use of <permissions> inside
those
elements for new document instances.  But I don't know if there's an effective
way
to communicate that something valid according to the DTD is deprecated.  It
does
bring to mind the DtdAnalyzer, where you could put it into a schematron
section
of a structured comment, but that's not in widespread use (yet), so I don't
know if
that would be "effective".

This discussion also makes me wonder why <permissions> is included in
<sec-meta>,
but <attrib> is not.