[jats-list] Media reference

Subject: [jats-list] Media reference
From: Mike Eden <meden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:36:45 +0000
Hi
I'm having trouble deciding how to code a media sound file  that is not
supplementary material. This is for an online only title that has
reference to sound file (speech).  <xref> attribute ref-type does not
include "media" or anything similar. "other" seems to be a bit loose. Also

it is strange that there is no over arching grouping element for this kind

of stand alone media. Do other users of JATS code these within <fig> (and
consider it an "audible" figure)?  If so then presumably one could use
fig-type="sound-file" or fig-type="media".
I'd very much appreciate thoughts on this.

Mike Eden

Operations Manager
Content Services
Cambridge University Press