RE: [jats-list] Funder ids

Subject: RE: [jats-list] Funder ids
From: Mike Eden <meden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:50:02 +0100
Thank you Laura

Mike Eden

From:   "Randall, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <laura.randall@xxxxxxx>
To:     "jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:   17/09/2013 11:37

Hi, Mike.
This topic has been raised in other discussion areas, but I don't believe
it's been raised on the JATS-List. The request to provide support for the
funder identifier was actually submitted as a comment to the NISO JATS
Standing Committee and the Committee has discussed it and decided on  a
course of action to implement that support.

Since the existing model does not, as you point out, provide natural
support, I've suggested to others who have inquired that they use a
combination of <funding-source> and <named-content
content-type="funder-id">:
<funding-source>Institution Name <named-content content-type="funder-id">
http://dx.doi.org/10.1234/InstitutionName</named-content></funding-source>

I hope that helps.

Best,
Laura