Re: [jats-list] Re: [JATS-List:] Preprint DOI handling

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Re: [JATS-List:] Preprint DOI handling
From: "Owens, Evan evan.owens@xxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:35:58 -0000
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the follow up information from Ed Pentz and clarification on this
issue.  Not mentioned at the Crossref annual meeting session.   So this is
about the content distinction between pre-publication and publication rather
than just about linking from pre-print sites to publisher sites.   A good
enhancement to the citation process.   And more revenue for Crossref.

In the early CHORUS discussions about publishers posting the accepted
manuscript for public access and having both AM and VOR on their websites,
Geoff Bilder of Crossref proposed that those be separate DOIs.  Publishers
weren't keen on that because they were using a single landing page for each
article with links to the different versions based on accessibility status
(e.g., subscribes got access to VOR and public got access to AM).   And it
wasn't obvious how to register this with Crossref then.  But sounds like it
now would be possible.

Evan