[jats-list] Markup for video transcripts

Subject: [jats-list] Markup for video transcripts
From: "DUNN, Mark mark.dunn@xxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 09:08:07 -0000
Hello,

Does anyone have experience of providing transcripts alongside video in JATS?

I can see a way of doing it using <alternatives> with <textual-form>, but
<textual-form> doesn't allow structure I'd like to use, e.g. to distinguish
different speakers in a video.

https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/1.2/element/textual-form.html

Do we need to make a looser connection between a <media> object and the
transcript in a <sec> elsewhere in the article?

Many thanks,
Mark

Mark Dunn (mark.dunn@xxxxxxx<mailto:mark.dunn@xxxxxxx>)
Lead Content Architect
Oxford University Press
Great Clarendon Street
Oxford
OX2 6DP

Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer
This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents
to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose
only. OUP does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not
of OUP. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with
any attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing
email communications.