Re: [jats-list] Markup for video transcripts

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Markup for video transcripts
From: "Debbie Lapeyre dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 14:44:30 -0000
Fast question: would <speech> and <speaker> work for you?

--Debbie

<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have experience of providing transcripts alongside video in
JATS?

> I can see a way of doing it using <alternatives> with <textual-form>, but
<textual-form> doesnbt allow structure Ibd like to use, e.g. to
distinguish different speakers in a video.

https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/1.2/element/textual-form.html

> Do we need to make a looser connection between a <media> object and the
transcript in a <sec> elsewhere in the article?

> Many thanks,
> Mark
>

> Mark Dunn (mark.dunn@xxxxxxx)
> Lead Content Architect
> Oxford University Press
> Great Clarendon Street
> Oxford
> OX2 6DP
>

> Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer
> This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its
contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended
purpose only. OUP does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and
not of OUP. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along
with any attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing
email communications.
> JATS-List info and archive
> EasyUnsubscribe (by email)

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron