[jats-list] How to tag a podcast in a reference list

Subject: [jats-list] How to tag a podcast in a reference list
From: "James Gilbert j.gilbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 10:49:13 -0000
Hello,

I recently encountered the following citation of a podcast. Currently, at
eLife, the only option we have would be to tag this as a website, but I
wondered if anyone was doing anything more specific for podcasts (and I
suppose other radio broadcasts) in terms of citation tagging?

WNYC Studios. 2018. Smarty plants. Radiolab.
https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/articles/smarty-plants

For reference, we'll likely tag this as follows, once I get an accessed
date from the author!

   <ref id="bib15">
        <element-citation publication-type="web">
            <person-group person-group-type="author">
                <collab>WNYC Studios</collab>
            </person-group>
            <year iso-8601-date="2018">2018</year>
            <article-title>Smarty plants</article-title>
            <source>Radiolab</source>
            <ext-link ext-link-type="uri" xlink:href="WNYC Studios. 2018.
Smarty plants. Radiolab.
https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/articles/smarty-plants
</ext-link>
            <date-in-citation iso-8601-date="XXXXX">XXXXX</date-in-citation>
        </element-citation>

Thanks in advance,

James

------------------------------

James Gilbert
Production Editor, eLife

 T: +44 1223 855374

--

elifesciences.org <https://elifesciences.org>

eLife Sciences
Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit non-stock corporation
incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with company number 5030732,
and is registered in the UK with company number FC030576 and branch number
BR015634 at the address Westbrook Centre, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1YG.