Re: [jats-list] Preferred pronouns for authors

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Preferred pronouns for authors
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 07:31:28 -0000
If you agree that all proposals brought forth so far are more or less kludges, you might be interested in how they address it in TEIland: https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/issues/2010
This is not to suggest that JATS do the same, but maybe someone can draw inspiration from their discussion.

Gerrit

On 21.09.2020 15:08, Nikos Markantonatos nikos@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks, Martin.

<suffix> would be the preferred encoding only if we consider pronouns to be part of the official/legal name. This is because <suffix> is part of the actual contributor name. However, since I think that this is not the case so far for pronouns, <author-comment> is perhaps a preferable encoding.

Nikos