[jats-list] Using JATS DTDs with Oxygen XML Editor

Subject: [jats-list] Using JATS DTDs with Oxygen XML Editor
From: "Michael Boudreau mboudreau@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 02:47:19 -0000
Greetings!

Is anyone using Oxygen XML Editor to work with instances of the various JATS
DTDs (e.g., blue and green)?

Ibm currently trying to create frameworks in Oxygen to handle instances of
JATS Journal Publishing 1.2 (a slightly modified version of which we use
in-house for editing) and JATS Archiving 1.2 (which we send to our platform
vendor). However, I find that if both frameworks are active, the one that
loads first (Archiving, green) prevents the other (Publishing, blue) from
working, apparently because of the common public identifiers and corresponding
filenames used in both DTDs.

I have tried changing all the public identifiers and filenames in one of the
two DTDs, so far without success. I suspect that another possible solution
would be to provide one of the two DTDs entirely in a single file (thus
eliminating the need to map public identifiers to filenames) but havenbt
tried that yet; Ibd be happier if I could get the frameworks to behave with
the DTDs in their default structure.

If youbve encountered this problem and found a solution, Ibd love to know
what you did.

--
Michael R. Boudreau
Electronic Publishing Technology Manager