Re: [jats-list] Using JATS DTDs with Oxygen XML Editor

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Using JATS DTDs with Oxygen XML Editor
From: "Michael Boudreau mboudreau@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 21:33:12 -0000
Hi, Wendell,

I finally have this working after making a second attempt to change all the
public identifiers and corresponding filenames in one of the two DTDs. (Itbs
possible that it wasnbt necessary to change the filenames and I was simply
more thorough with the public identifiers on the second attempt.)

Youbre right about the folks at Oxygenbthey are indeed very helpful, and
Ibve worked with Radu in the Forum on this problem and others.

Although the problem is solved for the time being, Ibm wondering if
combining either the modified blue or the unmodified green DTD into a single
file would have been a reasonable solution (on the assumption that it would
eliminate all but one of the public identifiersbthe one corresponding to the
main DTD file). Are there good tools that will read in a modular DTD and
output a single file?

I have in fact used the JATS framework you contributed to Oxygen, particularly
the CSS files, from which I borrowed heavily (read: lifted wholesale) for my
own NLM and JATS-related frameworks.

--
Michael R. Boudreau
Electronic Publishing Technology Manager