[jats-list] Seeking assistance with simple LaTeX mathematical equations in XML JATS

Subject: [jats-list] Seeking assistance with simple LaTeX mathematical equations in XML JATS
From: "Mario Pallua pallua@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 22:00:57 -0000
Dear all,

I am converting doc/pdf versions of academic articles into XML JATS for a
Croatian scholarly journal. I just started using XML a few months ago, with
no prior knowledge of programming, and this is only my second article - so
I'm pretty much a noob. I use Oxygen.

The problem is, I cannot get a few very simple mathematical formulas to
work using LaTeX in XML JATS. I also cannot find any tutorials or example
articles online. I would like to use LaTeX, and not MathML.

Would anyone be willing to help me? Basically, right now I just need to
learn how to make a subscript, but am also interested to learn more for
future articles.

This is an example formula that I've written based on one tutorial I found.
Everything works alright (the formula is inline, it's italic, looks nice),
but it does not want to make the "2,1045" a subscript as it should. Other
operators (such as "to the power of" also don't seem to work).

<inline-formula>
          <tex-math notation="LaTeX">
            <![CDATA[/F_{(2,1045)}= 24.942, p<.001]]>
          </tex-math>
</inline-formula>

This is the data at the beginning of my XML doc in case the problem lies
there:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//NLM//DTD JATS (Z39.96) Journal Publishing DTD
with OASIS Tables with MathML3 v1.1 20151215//EN"
"JATS-journalpublishing-oasis-article1-mathml3.dtd">

<article article-type="research article" xml:lang="en" dtd-version="1.1"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; xmlns:mml="
http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>

Many many thanks for any ideas or suggestions!

Thank you,
Mario Pallua (Croatia)