Re: [jats-list] Translations for section titles

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Translations for section titles
From: "Nikos Markantonatos nikos@xxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 07:48:01 -0000
Hi Gerrit.

Thanks for sharing this illustrative example. I personally find the
collection of all languages under the same <title> element by means of
several <name-content> elements semantically inelegant and simply
unacceptable. I suspect that the multi-lingual approach described by
Vincent in JATSCon will be accompanied by a corresponding relaxing of
several models in JATS to allow for "zero or more" instances rather than
the stricter "zero or one" logic the models allow for today.

instances. They only allow for "zero or one" today. Same goes for <label>
<caption> under <table-wrap>. And the list goes on and on.

Vincent, I wonder whether there has been any thought on how many models
in JATS will need to be relaxed to allow for true side-by-side
multi-lingual encoding.

Nikos

On 5/4/22 9:42 PM, Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx