[jats-list] How to best deal with long books

Subject: [jats-list] How to best deal with long books
From: "denis.maier@xxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 16:35:39 -0000
Hi again,

another question regarding our catalog of incunables...

As things currently stand, we'll have a project with about more than 400
different BITS files, each containing one `book-part`, i.e, one incunable.
Now, what's the best approach for having both the individual files as well as
a complete volume? And maybe even have some sort of grouped extracts, say :
all the incunables that start with +A; in one file, those that start with
letter +B; in another file, and so on?

How would you deal with that? Does that make sense? Are there some established
best practices for project organization? (In the end, I'll need to go from the
XMLs to HTML, and maybe also to PDF, we'll see.)

Best,
Denis

---
Universitdt Bern

Universitdtsbibliothek Bern
Fachreferat Theologie, Religionswissenschaft und Judaistik
Co-Leitung Koordinationsstelle Informationskompetenz

Denis Maier, Dr. phil.

Ldnggasstrasse 51
CH-3012 Bern

Tel.  +41 31 684 94 59