Re: XML + (XSL | CSS) ?

Subject: Re: XML + (XSL | CSS) ?
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 17:13:54 -0400
Lisa Pease wrote:

> I can do things today in XSL that I can't yet do in CSS, despite full
> Recommendation status of both CSS1 and 2.

Sort of. Hardly anyone is going to put anything on the Web that depends on
an Active-X control, so you can't really render XSL directly in any
browsers. What you can do is convert XML documents to HTML, but you could
always do that with Python, Jade, Java, Perl, etc. XSL's real value will
be as a ubiquitous standard that you can depend upon. Right now it's just
another batch processor in a crowded field.

Can we afford to feed that army,
 while so many children are naked and hungry?
Can we afford to remain passive,
 while that soldier-army is growing so massive?
  - "Gabby" Barbadian Calpysonian in "Boots"