Re: Interactive XML

Subject: Re: Interactive XML
From: "Martin Bryan" <mtbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 06:57:55 +0100
Bill
>  I'm curious if others >share that view [on the need for interactivity],
and how much thought and work has gone into
>this aspect of XSL so far.  Is this a version 1.0 issue? Or
>does it wait till we get hung punctuation nailed?

Others share the concern. The XML/EDI community has made a number of
comments on the current, inadequate, XSL requirements statement, and has
repeatedly pointed out that a generalized mechanism is a must. Unfortunately
it looks like we won't get it for Version 1.0, and will not get a date for
it in this century. However, I live in hope and eagerly await next month's
draft in the hope I will be proved wrong.

Martin Bryan