Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and <xsl:process select>

Subject: Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and <xsl:process select>
From: keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:57:46 -0500
Re XSL and PI's: As noted, they're XML's "portable nonportable extension
mechanism", and if XSL it going to be used with systems that Really Want
their own PIs I think XSL is going to have to be able to generate them...
which probably means it should also be able to process them. I don't think
that this significantly complicates learning XSL, assuming that a decent
syntax can be found to express it in the pattern language -- users who
don't need this feature would simply ignore it. It does slightly impact
cost of implementation, but if it's "cheap" -- which looks likely -- I'd
say go with it.