RE: Waht is the common minimum current script that run on most X

Subject: RE: Waht is the common minimum current script that run on most X
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:42:54 -0500
Hi Guy,

<YourComment>
Was it an MS example by any chance, as it shows a distinct MS approach to
using XSL. I think this is probably from historical practice with ASP page
templates. The only reason why I raise the issue is that most non-MS
sources seem to favour use of xsl:template over xsl:for-each (as do I), so
you might want to look at other sources aswell as the MS ones.

<Reply>
Yes it is an example from Microsoft. I was surprised to see the similarity
of structure with ASP. But if I am right, the current trend is that we don't
structure XSL like that, I am right?
What I don't know is if this construct is a valid construct or if it is now
totally obsolete according to last specs. If it is valid, it put emphasis on
a placeholder mechanism (like ASP) if it is not, then XSL is strictly rule
based like is dsssl. However, I should say that the major difference with
dsssl is the template mechanism which dsssl do not have.

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com