Re: Venting

Subject: Re: Venting
From: Tyler Baker <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 22:08:23 -0500
Don Park wrote:

> I second Paul's proposal to split the XSL into two.  Most XSL
> implementations available right now implements the first half but punts on
> the second half for one excuse or another.  This is a good indication of the
> need to split.  I would also add that the separation be not just physical
> but in design as well.
>
> I would like to invite those of you in favor of splitting XSL into two reply
> to this message as a show of support.

It would seem to make sense considering that people are using XSL for uses other
than solely for web-browsers.  Formatting Objects are just style, and for uses
of XML where presentation or style is not important (like taking some banking
information at the server level and transforming it to an XML Document intended
for E-Commerce).  You definitely get my vote here.

Tyler