Re: Venting

Subject: Re: Venting
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:36:30 +0000
Hi.

I believe the schedule is targeting XSL as a completed Rec for August (?).

This actually wouldn't give much time to change any charter, and then
reorganise as presumably the proposed final draft would have to be
completed a good time before August to allow review and tweaks.

I don't think such a change in charter could be implimented without
seriously pushing back the delivery of the final Rec.... how popular might
a move such as this be?

I also think that any such delay might prove disasterous for XSL in the
long term, as there are certain companies that I simply don't think will
wait longer, and are likely to simply role out their own XSL equivelent
producing possible schisms.

It should also be kept in mind that XSL is not an open source project, and
the W3C has shown remarkable resilience in the face of industry preasure. I
don't happen to agree with this as an ongoing situation, but it is what it
is.

I repeat... if you don't like the formatting as part of XSL... simply don't
look at it.

I believe that the W3C have instigated moves to develop a generic
transformative language based on XSL, you might want to simply move over
and jump on that band-wagon, one who'd charter matches you desires.

Cheers
     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 02/04/99 12:31:55 PM