Re: CSS and XSL

Subject: Re: CSS and XSL
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:44:37 -0500
Paul Prescod wrote:
[extensive questions, plus an odd admission that he 'tortures puppies']

Thanks, Paul.  Question every statement I make, rather than accepting
anything I say at face value.  Pull this stunt on a CSS-focused list, and
I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers.

I've seen the semi-Socratic method of bombing people with questions before.
While it's a tactic that's very good at making your opponents go to a lot
of effort to develop comprehensive answers that you plan you discard
anyway, it's not very useful at advancing discussions.  I've never been
fond of debate, and I don't think the tactics that are useful for winning a
debate are especially useful for generating consensus.

As it is, if these issues comes up on a CSS-list or an SVG-list, I'll be
happy to discuss these issues in depth, and I presume others will as well.
However, I think we've worn out our welcome here.

By the way, did anyone read the 'worse-is-better' article?  (It's at
http://www.naggum.no/worse-is-better.html.)  It sums up a lot of the
problems we've been talking about here quite nicely, though as an upstate
New Yorker I'm not completely fond of identifying myself as a New Jersey
sympathizer.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com