Re: CSS and XSL

Subject: Re: CSS and XSL
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:04:49 -0500
At 09:17 AM 2/15/99 -0600, Paul Prescod wrote:
>Jelks Cabaniss wrote:
>>
>> The stylesheets newsgroup had this very debate some months ago.  I highly
>> recommend reading it -- the posts have the subject "Netscapes
style-policy".
>> See in particular:
>>
>>         http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=374716731
>>         http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=375232052
>
>Actually, that thread has nothing to do with the current thread. The
>context of the current thread is about SVG and other formatting-specific
>document types. Different design principles apply.

Er, well, HTML really was (and is) a formatting-specific document type, not
really that different from SVG in the current context.  I'd say we're still
in about the same context, and that lessons learned from HTML practice are
indeed relevant.

In the interests of appropriate context, however, I propose we move this to
www-svg or an appropriate CSS forum
(comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets? www-style?).  Whatever the
case may be, we're not discussing XSL in this thread and haven't been for a
while.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com