Re: XML on Gecko

Subject: Re: XML on Gecko
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:14:51 -0500
At 05:17 PM 3/29/99 +0200, Peter-Paul Koch wrote:
>I've written a very simple XML/XSL thing for IE5. It works. When I tried to
>run the same pages through Gecko, it didn't do anything except for printing
>the text.
>
>Is Gecko's current support of XML very buggy or did I make horrible mistakes?

Actually, Gecko's support of XML is quite good. Its support of XSL,
however, is for the moment non-existent. That's where your problem probably
lies.

Assuming your next question will be: How can I use XSL for both major
browsers *now*?, the answer which I (and many others) are pursuing is to
use XSL to transform the XML document into HTML, using a tool such as James
Clark's xt. This is rather more static and hence, maybe, uncool, but it has
the singular advantage of being backwards-compatible with some earlier
browser versions as well.

Let us know if you need more information!