Re: XML on Gecko

Subject: Re: XML on Gecko
From: Peter-Paul Koch <ppk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:18:27 +0200
>Actually, Gecko's support of XML is quite good. Its support of XSL,
>however, is for the moment non-existent. That's where your problem probably
>lies.

I see.

>Assuming your next question will be: How can I use XSL for both major
>browsers *now*?, the answer which I (and many others) are pursuing is to
>use XSL to transform the XML document into HTML, using a tool such as James
>Clark's xt.

I see. I assume this happens server side. Could you give me a URL?

>It's also worth keeping in mind the fact that differing implimentations of
XSL often differ from one another, and the fact that you have a piece of
work running in one, doesn't mean it will work in another.

I expected this, that's why I wanted to test in IE5 and Gecko.

>Gecko and other Mozilla clones support XML+CSS.

So I can use CSS to display XML? Wew, didn't know this. Thanks. Do I have
to do anything special, or just, say

name {font: 14px arial;}
address {font-weight: 600;}

etc.

>Let us know if you need more information!

Well, I just got the order to learn XML, so I need a lot of info. But I'll
keep on reading this list, it'll help me to get some key concepts. Is there
a good glossary that explains all terms and stuff that regularly pass on
this list? (XT, HFC or something, etc.)?

Thanks for the reactions,

ppk