Re: XML is broken (was Re: Why Doesn't IE5 use the DTD toValidate?)

Subject: Re: XML is broken (was Re: Why Doesn't IE5 use the DTD toValidate?)
From: Adam M Donahue <amd0978@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 17:19:16 -0500 (EST)
> When the old rules don't work, it's time for a new set.  Chuck the old,
> build the new, and don't feel bad about the transition.  Accomodating the
> old is fine, but keeping the old at the expense of the new is going to cost

<endlurk>
xml-dev already developed XML-Schema.  Why don't we work on a new XML,
this time using a completely open process.  XML as it stands is already a
terrific base, save the problems you mention.  At the very least this
would be an exercise to see if these problems can in fact be cleaned up in
the ways you suggested.
</endlurk>

Now I'll duck to avoid the flames this post is sure to generate :-)

Adam