Re: Debugging Stylesheets When Using IE5 (Was Re: Creating Hyperlinks using XSL and XML)

Subject: Re: Debugging Stylesheets When Using IE5 (Was Re: Creating Hyperlinks using XSL and XML)
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:51:38 -0400
This demo on the microsoft site is a really neat XSL debugger

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/xml/xsl_debugger/defaul
t.asp

For the amount of code use to create this it is amazingly functional!

You may need to play with it to work (I've found that exiting and restarting
after each debugging session is a good idea).

Jonathan Borden
http://jabr.ne.mediaone.net

>At 99/04/05 23:47 -0400, John E. Simpson wrote:
>>(The
>>one thing that drives me absolutely berserk occurs when trying to debug a
>>stylesheet; frequently, for no reason that I can discern, IE5 simply
>>displays a blank page. "Hmm, I wonder what's wrong?" I think, and pull
down
>>the View Source menu selection. ***But it doesn't show you the result tree
>>-- it shows you the SOURCE TREE.*** Which never changes, no matter *what*
>>you do to the XSL.)
>
>This seems to be a frequently asked question of the list, so I've put the
>answer up on my website as a resource reference to which people can point
>in order to help others.
>
>The HTML results of the Microsoft XSL engine in Internet Explorer 5
>processing a given XSL document on a given XML document can be examined
>using the methodology described in the Resource Library section of our
>website in the address below.
>
>A sample script is included to use with the Microsoft Windows Scripting
Host.