Re: XPDL (was Re: XML is broken)

Subject: Re: XPDL (was Re: XML is broken)
From: "John J. Barton" <John_Barton@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 08:06:05 -0700
At 09:11 AM 4/7/99 -0400, you wrote:
>[snip] I view this as a sort of
>layered approach, and I don't want the lower layers (XML) to have any
>knowledge of the upper layers (XLL, XSL, XPDL, etc.)

Perhaps then an approach to XPDL that makes sense is to view it
as a kind of server-side include system.  The authoring system
can be quite orthogonal and layered, but the server extension for
handling XPDL may transform the layered docs into packaged docs
for the client, including possible capabilities negotitations. This
gives the compact, self-contained document model that may be more
practical now.  Later more direct use of XPDL may make sense.

John.