transformNode

Subject: transformNode
From: Behrouz.M-Rouhani@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 16:19:48 +0000
Hi,

I could successfully apply the above-mentioned method from a DSO (an XML
data island) to an instance of XMLDOMDocument object
when using IE5 beta but when I try to apply it to the IE5 production
version, I get error ("Object doesn't support this property or method").

The code I use is as follows (it is meant to apply the XSL style sheet to
the XML DOM document on-the-fly):

p_sNewXML = xmlDOM.TransformNode(frm.FrameName.XSLStyleSheet.XMLDocument);
where:
- xmlDOM is an instance of XMLDOMDocument (created using
ActiveXObject("microsoft.xmldom") method)
- XSLStyleSheet is the id of the data island whose SRC is the XSL script
accessed via the frame notation "frm.FrameName"). The exact
xml data island on the relevant frame looks like:
<xml id=XSLStyleSheet SRC="../xsl/nav.xsl"></xml>

Note1: the object "XSLStyleSheet.XMLDocument" is not regarded as an object
while its properties are recognized (e.g. async, nodeType,
nodename etc.)

Note2: I use frame notations to access the DSO element (actually:
"frm.FrameName.XSLStyleSheet")

Regards,

Behrouz M-Rouhani