Re: Xlink

Subject: Re: Xlink
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 09:33:04 -0400
At 08:34 AM 4/10/99 -0400, 6tk2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Does IE5.0 beta and non-beta support the use of Xlink?

Nope, not yet. I haven't seen any timeline indicating *when* XLink support
might be included, but guess that it won't be at least until the XLink spec
goes through another draft.

>Ultimately I would like to have one file containing mulitple
>entries that are referenced individually via a hyperlink or
>something.

You can simulate this effect by using XSL to transform your XML XLink-type
elements into HTML <a href="..."> elements; unfortunately, without
scripting, Java, or other techniques outside the scope of XSL itself,
you're limited to producing simple links only for now.

By "one file containing multiple entries," do you mean a file *separate
from* the main XML file?