Re: Problem instantiating XMLDOMDocument node within <xsl:script> in IE5

Subject: Re: Problem instantiating XMLDOMDocument node within <xsl:script> in IE5
From: "Amit Rekhi" <amitr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:16:05 +0530
Hi! Didier,Duane

>Have you tried:
>
>set objXMLDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
Yes I did. The XSL file is still not executing
though I am now getting a different error message
from IE5. The msg. reads

"Microsoft JScript compilation error Expected ';' line = 6, col = 7
(line is offset from the tag).
set objHTMLDoc = new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLDOM');"
FYI the changed XSL fragment is
.
.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>
 <xsl:script language="JScript">
  var objXMLDoc;
  function WriteDocument()
  {
   set objXMLDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
  }
 </xsl:script>
 <xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:eval language="JScript">WriteDocument()</xsl:eval>
 </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Any other suggestions to get an XMLDOMDocument instantiated?

AMIT