RE: Problem instantiating XMLDOMDocument node within <xsl:script> in IE5

Subject: RE: Problem instantiating XMLDOMDocument node within <xsl:script> in IE5
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:08:35 -0400
Hi Amit,

<Comment>
>Have you tried:
>
>set objXMLDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
Yes I did. The XSL file is still not executing
though I am now getting a different error message
from IE5. The msg. reads

"Microsoft JScript compilation error Expected ';' line = 6, col = 7
(line is offset from the tag).
set objHTMLDoc = new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLDOM');"
FYI the changed XSL fragment is
</Comment>

<Reply>
Good you brought the problem, it help us to discover some XSL engine
internals. We are right now with two hypothesis:
a) XSL host cannot create objects (Microsoft site say that in a xsl:script
not objects could be created. Thus, the host removed the object creation
feature.
b) the host has the object instantiation feature but the object itself is
not safe for scripting. If that later case is true. here is what to know if
it is that option. go in the registry and find the object's CLSID that you
want to instantiate. Then, under this CSLID, add the key "implemented
categories". Under the key "implemented categories" add two keys a)
"{7DD95801-9882-11CF-9FA9-00AA006C42C4}" and b)
"{7DD95802-9882-11CF-9FA9-00AA006C42C4}"

If after having added the previously mentioned keys it still do not work.
Then, the cause is the script host that suppressed the CreateObject function
from the available valid functions.

Give us feedback on your research.
</reply>

regards