Re: Problem instantiating XMLDOMDocument node within <xsl:script> in IE5

Subject: Re: Problem instantiating XMLDOMDocument node within <xsl:script> in IE5
From: "Amit Rekhi" <amitr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:28:49 +0530
Hi Didier,

>Good you brought the problem, it help us to discover some XSL engine
>internals. We are right now with two hypothesis:
[....more text...]

Thanks for your reply.
I tried the option b) but things still did not work.
I get the the same old error msg.

"Microsoft JScript compilation error
Expected ';' line = 4, col = 7 (line is offset from the tag).
set objXMLDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");"

>b) the host has the object instantiation feature but the
>object itself is not safe for scripting.
I think your hypothesis b) holds.
since the MS documentation on scripting also
suggests something along similar lines...
It goes like this:

"For security reasons, script called from XSL
currently cannot instantiate COM objects"