Re: About xsl:scripts

Subject: Re: About xsl:scripts
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:49:33 -0400
Didier:

><reply>
>in that case we won't have the same type of error. You are right, within
the
>browser context (and not in other script host context - this is specific to
>the browser) the browser ask for the interface IObjectSafety and the object
>can then say to the host if it is safe in the browser environment. I
created
>a Script engine for the MCF/MCL language (a language co designed with RV.
>Guha before Netscape took the name for something else at the same time they
>hired RV. Guha ;-), I noticed that within the ASP environment, this
>interface is never called, Within the Windows Script Host environment this
>interface is not called either. Only in the browser we get a query
interface
>to call this interface. So, only the browser host ask for this interface.
>But in the case of the script contained in XSL it does not seems to be the
>case. I think that this interface is not even called. Therefore, the host
>(i.e. the XSL script engine) do not allow object creation and do not ask
for
>this interface too. However, I am not 100% sure of this, we would have to
>trace, or that somebody from Microsoft just tell us the real mechanism.
></reply>

    Cool. If you actually have a debug build and the code to your script
language you should be able to invoke this using <xsl:script language="MCF">
...  object creation itself is controlled by *your* script engine, and
untimately a call to CoCreateInstance (or ObjectContext.CreateInstance) will
get called. Is this what fails? Can you track this down in the debugger?

Jonathan