RE: Replacing server scripts (ASP) with XSL, was RE: About xsl:scripts

Subject: RE: Replacing server scripts (ASP) with XSL, was RE: About xsl:scripts
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:53:05 -0400
Didier:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> <reply>
> You said through HTTP From the client to the server:is is with a post
> command? And from the server to the client: is it with a Get
> command comming
> from the client?
> </reply>

	client POSTs to a URL. The HTTP request PDU as a MIME message of
content-type text/xml or application/xml, whose body is the XML request
document.

	the HTTP response PDU contains a MIME message of content-type: text/xml or
application/xml whose content is the XML response document.

> <reply>
> got it. lean and mean and efficient. rsToXML is probably a function you
> created to transform the data set into a XML document. This is a
> good hint.
> Thanks Jonathan.
> </reply>

the actual code is here:
http://jabr.ne.mediaone.net/samples/rstoxml.js

This works to return recordsets as XML documents. I execute SQL
queries/inserts/updates via XML documents as well. (I call this XSQL).

Jonathan