Re: Abbreviated Location Paths...

Subject: Re: Abbreviated Location Paths...
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:01:12 -0500
Kay Michael wrote:

> If I was Microsoft I'd be reluctant to move forward to this spec as there
> will clearly be more changes. I think that increases the risk that the
> Microsoft dialect currently in the field will become the de facto standard.
> (Some of us remember how ANSI had to unwind all their improvements to SQL
> and make it compatible with IBM's DB2 product...)

We are in a different market now. There are many XSL implementations and
most of them will track the specification (at least when it is done). My
bias is towards giving the working group room to breathe. XSL has come a
long way in a short time.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"The Excursion [Sport Utility Vehicle] is so large that it will come
equipped with adjustable pedals to fit smaller drivers and sensor
devices that warn the driver when he or she is about to back into a
Toyota or some other object." -- Dallas Morning News