Re: Formatting Objects considered harmful

Subject: Re: Formatting Objects considered harmful
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:18:39 -0500
Jonathan Borden wrote:

>         So you are saying that it is possible to create a transformation which
> takes an arbitrary XFO -> XHTML and back i.e.

No. I only claim that that is the case for *abstract* information. I can't
provide a generalized definition of abstract information but in this
context we can use this one: "the information required to drive
non-graphical renditions of the information."

>From a graphical point of view, XFOs have a few features that XHTML+CSS do
not. I cannot enumerate these exhaustively, however.
 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Microsoft spokesman Ian Hatton admits that the Linux system would have
performed better had it been tuned."
"Future press releases on the issue will clearly state that the research