RE: Formatting Objects considered harmful

Subject: RE: Formatting Objects considered harmful
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:33:53 +0100

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Jonathan Borden wrote:
My summary of this long argument is that you are saying
>that XHTML is a
>better presentation/UI language than XFO, one important reason
>being that
>XHTML operates better in aural environments.

DaveP:

What evidence is there for this? Many man-years spent
developing accessibility tools for html? And the hope that
they might live on in HTML?

If (todays) XFO's were classed into abstract classes which
could then be subbed into media specific ones
(print, braille, audio, web ), then we could reduce the load
of authors and script writers. And reduce the effort needed
to keep up with the html (or xhtml) extensions that visual
presentation takes great delight in.

regards, DaveP