Re: Formatting Objects considered harmful

Subject: Re: Formatting Objects considered harmful
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:48:35 +0100
Hi Hakon.

As you present them they are better termed as document objects rather than
formatting objects.

I prefer the term formatting objects, as I'm not assuming as a designer
that the only thing I'll be styling is documents, in fact I know I'll be
stylling far more than documents, and in terms of design challenges
document styling probably represents the easiest of my challenges.

Of course my prefered term is presentation objects, as personally don't
want to even assume print formatting.

As a side question, what's Opera Softwares plans if you don't mind me
asking, for it's rendering engine? Do you forsee a future for Opera post
HTML?

Cheers

     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 04/28/99 07:54:14 AM