RE: XSL and Web Native distributed computing, was Re: HTML i

Subject: RE: XSL and Web Native distributed computing, was Re: HTML i
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:11:38 +0100
Hi.

Jonathan, the heavy snippage isn't discarding your post, which I largely
agree with, but focusses on the point where our ideas diverge...

What I had concieved was not just facilitating browsers, but also shells,
whereby the shell *is* a user agent. Thereby it is irrelevent whether the
presentational information is comming from an application running localy or
off a server, encouraging not just a platform, but an implimentation
agnostic attitude to the presentation.

In short the application takes care of functionality and describes a
presentation, and the user agent, whether browser or shell takes care of
implimenting the presentation. In this way we might also so accessibility
addressed for applications not just web pages.

Just waiting now for somebody to suggest HTML for such a presentation
language :)

Cheers
     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 04/28/99 05:22:59 AM