RE: Transformation + FOs makes abuse easy

Subject: RE: Transformation + FOs makes abuse easy
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:21:20 -0400
At 06:41 PM 4/28/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Silly question, but (modulo the invention of a few new
>mime types), wouldn't the distinction between,
>
>  Accept: text/xml, text/xsl
>
>and,
>
>  Accept: text/xfo
>
>resolve this issue? Ie. if you're happy to recieve a
>presentation-oriented server-side processed document you
>use the latter. If you want it undigested, you use the
>former.

Interesting idea, but I think we'll end up seeing:

402 Payment Required

Your browser does not list text/xfo as an acceptable delivery type. If you
want this document to arrive in the Useful Markup Language, please enter
your credit card number and expiration date in the form below.

Thank you for your patience and your cash!

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com