Re: XSL is difficult to...?

Subject: Re: XSL is difficult to...?
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:41:08 -0500
Duane Nickull wrote:

> While this idea certainly may lend itself as a solution to Don's
> concerns, I personally view this as being a threat to the adoption of
> XSL by the masses.  If everyone goes forward and starts making their own
> proprietary language tags, we will fragment XSL into a completely
> un-unified (spelling?) and therefore undesireable language for the
> Internet.

The point of architectures is that you can make your own element types and
they are *not* proprietary because they are subclasses of standard ones.
That isn't fragmentation.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Microsoft spokesman Ian Hatton admits that the Linux system would have
performed better had it been tuned."
"Future press releases on the issue will clearly state that the research