Re: Can a match attribute use a non-pattern expression?

Subject: Re: Can a match attribute use a non-pattern expression?
From: Keith Visco <kvisco@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 10:50:12 -0400
Elliotte,

Sorry I misunderstood what you were complaining about. Patterns and not
Paths.

Since match patterns by themselves do not have a current context

Things like

<xsl:template match=".">...</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="from-children(para)>

don't make sense, since you are not selecting from anything.

For verbosity perhaps some has- and is- Axis identifiers could be added
to the language..

<xsl:template match="is-element-with-name(foo)">

<xsl:template match="is-element-with-name(foo)[has-children(bar)]">

<xsl:template match="is-element-with-name(*)[has-attribute(foo)]">

<xsl:template match="is-attribute-with-name(foo)">

Personally I don't like the verbose model.

--Keith