RE: XSL-FO Does it have the guts?

Subject: RE: XSL-FO Does it have the guts?
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 22:53:16 +0100 (BST)
Håkon Wium Lie writes:
 > Actually, when looking at the Microsoft packaging again, it's slightly
 > more complex:
 >
 >   "if there are no descenders in element (a) place element (b) on top
 >    of (a) so that the topmost glyph in the part of element (b) which
 >    is below any part of element (a) touches the baseline of element
 >    (a), else..."
 >
 > This starts to get heiry and I havn't seen any style sheet language
 > which offers this sort of capabilities.
dont put out challenges like that on a list read by TeXxies! i have no
intention of trying, but i bet it could be expressed in a markup
language, not just with Quark manual fiddling

 > likely changed. This is due to the fact that style sheets -- as we
 > know them today -- don't record the constraints the designer intended,
 > but instead just record positioning.
these would be "Microsoft style sheets"? despite their patent, there
are other systems, you know...

Sebastian]"Ë?Ëb?ú?Ö«r¯zm§ÿðÃ	®?·«¯+^r(?ül?ül?X¬