RE: Using node-sets in reverse document order?

Subject: RE: Using node-sets in reverse document order?
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:33:18 +0100
>My understanding of generate-id() is that it must be used blindly:  values
>are not persistent between executions of the stylesheet, but within any one
>execution of the stylesheet the value for each node is persistent ... but
>that is all.

Yes: what I was saying is that the SAXON implementation of generate-id()
conforms to the spec but also offers some additional guarantees. These
include:
- it will always generate the same id's for the same source document
- the id's will be collated in document order
- the id for a node is a leading substring of the id for its descendant
nodes.

Of course, if you choose to exploit these features you are sacrificing
portability.

Mike Kay