Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)

Subject: Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)
From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 13:33:39 +0200 (Europe de l'Ouest (Heure d'été))
Also sprach James Tauber:

 > I'd like to see it happen. Back when FOP was written in Python, Lars Marius
 > Garshol and I were talking about a CSS version. Interestingly, adding CSS
 > support to FOP means treating CSS as defining formatting objects, which it
 > does in many respects, although Hakon Lie might not see it that way :-)

No, I do see it that way. If you look closely in the the CSS2
Recommedation [1] you'll even find the term "formatting object" used.
I think it would be great if FOP supports CSS through formatting
objects.

My problems [2] with formatting objects start when people make
syntaxes for them and put them on the web.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2
[2] http://www.opera.com/people/howcome/1999/foch.html

-h&kon

Chief Technology Officer                                Opera Software
Håkon Wium Lie                     http://www.opera.com/people/howcome
howcome@xxxxxxxxx                                gets you there faster