Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)

Subject: Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:36:43 -0400
>  > does in many respects, although Hakon Lie might not see it that way :-)
>
> No, I do see it that way.

I know. It was a bad joke.

> I think it would be great if FOP supports CSS through formatting
> objects.

Me. Do you or does anyone else know of a CSS equivalent to an XSLT engine?
That is, something that takes XML + CSS and returns the XML with CSS
properties on attributes in a CSS namespace?

eg

<greeting>hello</greeting>

+

greeting { font-size: 12pt }

=

<greeting css:font-size="12pt" xmlns:css="...">hello</greeting>

?

If such a tool exists, starting to add CSS support to FOP would be
relatively easy. If no such tool exists, perhaps someone would like to work
on one.

James