Re: FO. lists as tables. Re: Q: XML+XSL transforms to a print-ready format

Subject: Re: FO. lists as tables. Re: Q: XML+XSL transforms to a print-ready format
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:15:34 +0100 (BST)
Håkon Wium Lie writes:
 >  > Why is that? CSS2's "font" property is a mess.
 >
 > Your FUD-factor is high, could you explain your position a bit more?
 > Until someone is able to change my mind, I consider the 'font'
 > property a neat way of setting several properties at once.

why do you want to, in XSL? XSL shares (or should share) the design
aims of XML, which specifically _exclude_  `shortcut' syntax, in
favour of simple, verbose, unambigious markup. The ability to write
 font="12pt Helvetica bold"
or whatever is only important to the typist.

Sebastian]"Ë?Ëb?ú?Ö«r¯zm§ÿðÃ	®?·«¯+^r(?ül?ül?X¬