Re: XSL:FO: Left ... Center ... Right

Subject: Re: XSL:FO: Left ... Center ... Right
From: "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:28:47 +0400
At Monday, October 18, 1999 7:05 AM, Stephen Deach wrote:

>I don't see how your proposal is any better than the "position='absolute'"
>suggestion in my previous email.
>  Neither "answer" I proposed works in all cases. At least the "table"
>solution will wrap the field, but neither fallback is desirable in all
>cases.

I agree. It's a matter of personal taste: I am inclined to prefer wrapped
text to overlapping one, but I realize that in some cases this may be
worse than overlapping. E.g. if the header region is so narrow that
two lines won't stay, table solution  will either oveflow into the
region-body or make some text disappear, depending on the
overflow setting. (But, in my opinion, providing enough space
in the region-before is rarely a problem ;-)).