RE: XML/XSL on the client for dynamic UI

Subject: RE: XML/XSL on the client for dynamic UI
From: Mark Hayes <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:29:02 -0700
> From: Tim Taylor [mailto:ttaylor@xxxxxxxxxx]
> Is every page dynamic with every request?  I've found that
> with Cocoon,
> once a page is cached, it frequently finishes processing in
> under 50ms.

Just curious:  By "cached" do you mean that only the stylesheet and source
document are cached with Cocoon, or is the result document cached as well?
I assume the result is not cached, but I just wanted to be sure.  50 ms is a
good number.

We have been seeing 130 ms for XT processing with a cached stylesheet and a
medium sized source document, but the source document is reparsed as part of
this operation.  (We're still working on a DOM-to-SAX translator so that the
source document can be cached as well.  If anyone happens to have this code
and is willing to share it please let me know...!)
--
thanks,
mark