Re: XML/XSL on the client for dynamic UI

Subject: Re: XML/XSL on the client for dynamic UI
From: Steve Tinney <stinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:24:57 -0400
Jon Smirl wrote:
> This need to rebuild the DOM differently for each XSL implementation is why
> I was asking about XPath support and the DOM2. As it stands right now the
> DOM2 draft does not support the features necessary to implement an XLS
> processor efficiently. If the DOM2 supported enough features XSL processors
> could stop building their own private DOM implementations.

I cannot imagine that such enhancements will not be made for DOM3
(anticipated in draft by April 2000 on the W3C site), but as a
community, those of us who use XSL at an implementation level should
keep an eye out for the requirements document and the drafts, and
ensure that this need is met.

 Steve

Steve Tinney                                        Babylonian Section
                                 *   University of Pennsylvania Museum
stinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                          Phila, PA. 215-898-4047
begin:vcard
n:;