Re: EZ/X Speed: Rebunking Oracle's Debunk: WAS (Getting Some Facts Straight on Performance Claims)

Subject: Re: EZ/X Speed: Rebunking Oracle's Debunk: WAS (Getting Some Facts Straight on Performance Claims)
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 01:54:28 -0800

| Last week, Oracle's Steve Muench suggested that...

Your latest Jar's benchmark-with-output
makes the same change I made which was
to make both try writing out to a file.
No conspiracy theories. Nothing up my sleeve.

I'll give this week's Jar a spin when I get back
from travelling this week at XML99 so I'm
trying it on the same machine where I ran my
previous tests for continuity. My initial impression
is that the 1.2.2 JVM being used makes a big
difference... I'm not using Sun's default 1.2.2
in my environment. Maybe I'll download it to match
your environment.

Take care.